Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Post I Wrote 3 Weeks Ago but Never Posted

Summer time just makes me want to read and read and read and read... and read. Besides all of the costuming history books I'm in the middle of, I'm reading The Story of Waitstill Baxter, by Kate Douglas Wiggin. I just love how K.D. Wiggin writes, and I'm so glad she wrote so much, so I have a long ways to go before I run out of "new" books to read. :)

In recent news, my first group of FashionIT Runway 1 students did a lovely job on their creations... see the FashionIT Sewing! blog for pictures. (I am unable to update my website because of computer problems, so I'm posting the pictures on the FIS blog for now.)

I've been listening to lots of Beatles music lately. Fun stuff. :)
Well, Melody and I made it to Gettysburg for the reenactment. Unfortunately, it rained most of the weekend, and always during the battles...so, I didn't get to see even 1 of the 5 battles! That was very disappointing. It was an interesting experience. I thought the whole thing would have been more "authentic" than it was. It was hard to picture fields and woods and soldiers marching when there were thousands of cars everywhere you looked, lol! Every suttler had the same stuff as the next with the exception of about 3 of the 30 or so suttlers. Melody and the other girl we were with for the weekend weren't too interested in sitting listening to the different speakers, most of whom were in first person for their character, so I didn't really learn much during the weekend. But, we had fun at the dance on Saturday night. :)

Now for pictures of the July 4th weekend...


Don't forget to pack the...


Out for a Sunday morning drive. Where are we going?

To take scenic pictures!


Very Cute. :)

Off to the reenactment!Fun with friends. :)And handsome gentlemen!



"...Sisters..."

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Angela, I LOVE all of your costumes! They're so pretty. You girls did such a good job with your dresses!