Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!
I decided last night that even though it would be freezing today it just wouldn't feel like Easter if I didn't have a new Easter dress. So, I went to town and decided to use one of my new fabrics and patterns that have been waiting.

The pattern I used is Burda 7798 (this pic is from burdafashion.com):
The fabric I purchased from JoAnn Fabrics a couple of weeks ago, it's a poly or maybe some rayon...here's a sample:
I cut out the pieces and put the dress together last night except for the zipper and hem, by 11pm I was just too tired to continue, lol!

This morning I put the zipper in without the correct foot because I forgot to buy an invisible zipper foot for my new machine, the regular zipper foot worked alright, but it made my job a little harder.

And here I am after church and freeeeeeezing cold, lol!
Have a wonderful day! I'm off to dinner with Dad's family. :)

4 comments:

Jessina said...

Happy Easter, a bit late!!

That's a gorgeous dress, Angela! And did you really make it in almost one night? My--you are amazing! =)

See you Monday!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I love the fabric! Very nice!

I finally managed to figure out what was wrong with my machine, so hopefully I'll be posting pics of new projects in a few days. *hugs*

Rosie

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela! I just learned that I'm going to be going to Carolann's corset class in May! Are you going by any chance?

Megan said...

Sooo, you started out wonderfully. ;) Miss Angela has been neglecting her blog recently, though...(and her facebook, and her xanga, for that matter...hehe)